Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Perfect Day

This has been on my list of things to do for literally weeks.  I had the perfect day and I really wanted to tell you all about it....







I take a flower arranging class on the third Tuesday of every month with my best friend, Yuri.  We have known each other since our kids were babies and can talk to each other about anything.  She is my Fountain of Youth.  We laugh and share and are reminded of those days of innocence when our kids were little together. 

The top two photos are of Yuri's arrangement, the bottom photo is of mine.)
 



After the class, we set off from Yuri's house in search of lunch, taking photos of people's gardens along the way...






And we found the most awesome restaurant... The menu features Chinese herbal medicine used in healthy dishes according to what your body is in need of that day, and everything comes with the most amazing oolong tea prepared just the right way.  The restaurant is light and airy with concrete floors and lots of windows and there is a clinic and gym on the second and third floors.  Not the sort of place that I would have gone to purely based on a description of the food, but I loved it!  And the presentation was beautiful, especially the dishes and the trays.  So Japan...  We felt like we had made an amazing discovery...











And to top it off, I had mentioned that we were hoping to create a little mossy corner in our garden, so Yuri took me to her neighbour's and we harvested a whole boxful from her garden for me to take home!  What a perfect day!!




#everydaybliss

No comments:

Post a Comment